Today I’m sharing my tips and tricks for getting a salon perfect manicure at home. I’ve been using Essie Gel Couture for a while now and I absolutely love this polish. It is the only polish that lasts more than a day on my nails. It gives a gel like finish without any lamps. All you need is the gel top coat and it seals them.
Steps for Getting a Salon Perfect Manicure
- Start off by making sure your nails are completely dry. If you wash your hands; wait some time before polishing.
- Trim, buff and shape nails.
- Swipe a small amount of nail polish remover on your nails before painting to prep the nail and remove excess dirt & oil.
- Paint three thin to medium coats of the color of your choice.
- Finish with a top coat of the Essie Gel Couture. Pro Tip: seal the tips of your nails by swiping the polish on the top edge of your nail.
- I use Olive & June dry drops once i’m done to expedite the drying process. They are my favorite.
- To get the most life out of your manicure add another top coat the next day!
Essie Gel Couture Colors:
- Take Me To Thread
- All Dressed Up
- Princess Charming
- Fairy Tailor
- Pre Show Jitters
- Clear Top Coat
Colorful Ombre Nails
I love colorful manicures. Want to see another colorful mani? Check out this post. For this manicure I did an ombre style and went from darker to lighter. What I love about this is all of the colors are still pretty neutral colors I will use regularly. So, tell me what color are you going to use for your manicure at home? If you’re not already make sure you follow me on instagram.