Gift giving is my love language, and that is one of the reasons I love the holiday season so much. This post is sponsored by Rubbermaid®. The opinions and content are my own. I only work with brands I truly love. Thank you for your support.
I believe the best gifts are thoughtful, homemade and edible. I will be using the Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs® all season long to gift homemade baked goods and cookie baking kits. They come in three festive colors: red, green, and gold! Keep reading for one of my favorite cookie recipes and tips on creating the perfect baking kits.
Wondering where to find the Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs®?! They are available at your local Walmart. Use this link here to find the store closest to you. Walmart is great because it is a one-stop shop for all of your gift giving needs this holiday season.
I love including the kiddos in gift giving. When you gift homemade baked goods and cookie baking kits, it’s an experience for both you and the person receiving the gift. The kids experience firsthand how much love goes into gift giving, and it shows that the holidays are about way more than material gifts. Another great thing about including the kiddos in baking is the math concepts they pick up on as well. Measuring, bake times, and temperatures are all real life applications for math.
What you need for a Cookie Baking Kit:
- Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs®
- Recipe Card
- Dry Cookie Ingredients
- Cookie Cutters
- Gift tags
- *Optional* Festive Holiday Kitchen Towel
If you want to keep the gift simple, bake the cookies at home and gift them but, if you’re gifting to someone who enjoys baking, gift them a cookie baking kit. What makes these gifts extra special is the festive holiday Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs®. The person receiving the gift will use and reuse these all holiday season long! Baked goods or cookie baking kits make a great gift for literally ANYONE on your list. Teachers, delivery drivers, family, and friends will all appreciate baked goods or a cookie baking kit in the festive Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs®. The clear bases really showcase the homemade treats inside and allow them to “shine through” in gift giving! I’m sharing my favorite holiday cookie recipe below. If you’re looking for more recipe inspo, check out this post here.
My favorite holiday cookie recipe:
- 1/ 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/ 2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- additional granulated sugar
- roughly 36 chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Heat oven to 375 °F In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Let cookies cook about 1 minutes and then press 1 milk chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
I hope this post helps you kick off your holiday gift giving. Since I will be making cookie baking kits all season long, I’d love to know some of your favorite recipes for me to include in my Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs® gifts—leave them in the comments below.